A cookie is a file that is downloaded to the electronic device that is used to access certain web pages. Cookies allow a website, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of the user or the computer and, depending on the information they contain or how the computer is used, can be made serve to recognize the user.
One of the classifications that can be made of cookies is about the purpose for which they are intended. So we have the following types:
- Technical cookies: these allow the user to navigate a website, platform or application and use the different options or services available, such as controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, access restricted access parts, remember the elements that make up an order, make the process of purchasing an order, apply for registration or participation in an event, use security features while browsing, store content for streaming video or sound, or sharing content on social media.
- Personalization cookies: These allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined according to a series of criteria in the user's terminal such as language, the type of browser with which to access the service, the regional settings from which the service is accessed, etc.
- Analysis cookies: these allow the person in charge to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookie is used to measure the activity of websites, applications or platforms and to create browsing profiles of users of these sites, applications and platforms, to introduce improvements according to the analysis of the data of use of the users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: these allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the publisher has included in a website, application or platform from which it provides the service requested according to criteria such as edited content or how often your ads are shown.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: these are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the publisher has included in a website, application or platform from which it provides the service only. bid. These cookies store information about user behavior obtained by continuous observation of browsing habits, which allows you to develop a specific profile to show advertising based on this behavior.
b) Computer settings.
Once set in the pop-up window, one of these options should appear, and depending on the one that appears, it should be able to change.
Current status: Allow all cookies (required, preferences, statistics, marketing). Change consent | Withdraw consent
Current status: Use only required cookies.
c) Types of cookies on this website
d) How do I disable or delete cookies in my browser?
Chrome, from http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
or Explorer, from http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9
or Firefox, from http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-that-the-sites-we
or Safari, from http://support.apple.com/kb/ph5042
e) What happens if cookies are disabled?
Some features of the services are disabled.